Even though I have been practicing for more than 9 years, I still read nearly every article about relationships and online dating that I can find.
Recently I came across a tip filled articled on the Consumer Search webpage titled, "How to Choose an Online Dating Site" and thought it would be important to share their suggestions and recommendations. After all, following common sense approaches is always a good idea. And from my experiences of years ago, common sense when dating online is a solid and proved good idea.
Take a look at Consumer Search's tips for what is important when beginning a search of online dating sites:
- A profile that reflects who you are. Some sites have a limited number of questions with standard answers that don't let you express fully who you really are.
- Features to help whittle down the list of possible matches.Keyword searches offer flexibility, but a search form with multiple different search criteria can also help.
- Security affiliations that protect your personal information.Although this isn't a standard in the industry, it's a plus if the dating service uses a privacy program like TRUST to protect your personal information; look for the trademark on the website.
- Mobile applications. If you are rarely home or are often unable to access a computer, look for a dating site that has applications with features that are phone friendly, even if they cost extra.
- Promotional offers. Many dating sites offer promotions, but they may require paying for a long-term subscription.
Click on Consumer Search to read the full article
Click here to see what others are doing to hook up with great dates...
All the best to you,